Rush

rush4

Niki Lauda: 25 drivers start every season in Formula One, and each year, two of us die. What kind of person does a job like this? Not normal men, for sure. Rebels, lunatics, dreamers... people who are desperate to make a mark and are prepared to die trying. My name is Niki Lauda. In racing, people know me for two things. The first is my rivalry with him. I don't know why it became such a big thing. We were just drivers... busting each other's balls. To me this is perfectly normal but other people saw it differently... that whatever it was between us went deeper. The other thing I'm remembered for is what happened on the first, August 1976, when I was chasing him like an asshole.

James Hunt: I have a theory why women like racing drivers... It's not because they respect what we do, driving round and round in circles. Mostly they think that's pathetic and they're probably right. It's our closeness to death. You see the closer you are to death the more alive you feel, the more alive you are. They can see that in you they feel that in you. My name is James Hunt. My father is a stock broker, my sister is a barrister, and my brother is an accountant, and I... well I do this. It's a wonderful way to live, it's the only way to drive, as if each day is your last.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply